Pro Plumber San Diego
Do you suspect that your house has water leaks ?
If you live in San Diego, you are aware that the cost of your monthly water bill may be pretty high. Mainly due to the high cost of water here. One of the primary contributors to extremely high-water bills is the presence of water leaks.
Many people choose to disregard even the smallest signs of water damage. After all, why should a few stray drips of water here and there make you worry? As a homeowner, the more serious water-related problems, such as flooding or burst pipes, are typically the primary focus of your attention.
In this piece, we are going to discuss water leaks. We will also offer some insight into how you can determine the root of the problem.
You should pay attention to even the smallest leakage for a few different reasons, including the following:
Why are small water leaks so damaging?
- Small leaks have the potential to grow into larger leaks or even cause pipes to break over time, which can result in extensive property damage. The best time to identify water leaks is right now.
- They waste water. Even though it may not seem like much of a problem at the time, even the tiniest amount of water loss over the course of a year may cost a business thousands of dollars.
But why are the water leaks happening?
- Components of the plumbing that have become worn. If you live in an older home, there is a good chance that the pipes and plumbing fixtures in your home are outdated. These items do not persist indefinitely. Update your outdated plumbing fixtures, such as sink faucets and showerheads, and inspect your pipes.
- When the water pressure in your home is too high, more strain is imposed on the pipes and the joints where they connect. Leaks can form in faucets and showerheads as a result of high-water pressure because these components, such as washers and gaskets, can become worn out over time. When you turn off a fixture in your home, you may hear a banging noise in your pipes that is known as water hammer. This is one of the clear symptoms that your water pressure is too high.
- Frozen pipes. The volume of water increases when it freezes. When water in pipes freezes, it generates large spikes in water pressure. These can cause a pipe to explode if the pressure is high enough. A major cause for concern in more northern latitudes, as wintertime temperatures can fall to very low levels. The most common cause of frozen pipes is inadequate insulation.Do you reside in an area that experiences harsh winters? Than you should examine the level of insulation in your home.
Here we have 5 tips on finding water leaks in your home
Test your toilet
The monotonous sound of the tank being filled and then emptied over and over again is enough to send anyone insane. However, it is possible that your toilet is running even though there is no audible sound coming from it.
Your appliances need inspection
Your refrigerator, washing machine, and dishwasher, are all connected to your water supply. Even if you purchased all-new, top-of-the-line appliances when you first moved into your house and paid top cash for them, those appliances are still subject to normal wear and tear over the course of time.
The hose connection is a frequently problematic component of these household appliances. After a few years of use, hoses begin to deteriorate. It is possible that worn-out hoses are the cause of any little leaks that may occur when operating your home appliances.
Look around for mold
The telltale signs of water leaks behind walls typically not appear. That is until a significant amount of time after the leak has already begun. Which takes us to another significant indicator of water damage, mold. If you neglect water leaks extended period of time, mold will inevitably begin to grow. If you and your family let mold to grow in your house for an extended period of time, you may end up suffering from allergies, sinus infections, and respiratory illnesses.
Mold that grows in homes is typically dark gray or black in color. Its usually found in damp areas such as basements, crawlspaces, and rooms that are prone to condensation. For example bathrooms and laundry rooms. Sometimes you won’t be able to see any mold, but you’ll smell something musty and mildewed, which is a clue that you should check the situation further.
Check your water heater closely
The presence of leaks is typically an early warning indication that your hot water heater is nearing the end of its useful life. In the event that water begins to collect below the tank, you need to expeditiously make plans to have a replacement put as soon as you possibly can. If the leak grows any worse, or if the tank bursts, you could be dealing with a massive flood that will cost you a lot of money to clean up.
Look outside as well
Check the spigots that are located outside your home as you move around the outside of your property. Turn each of them on, wait a moment, and then turn them off again. If water is still dripping from the spigot after you have replaced the washer, the problem may still exist. If water begins to emerge from unexpected locations, you may have a rupture in the pipe.
In conclusion, Pro Plumber is the business that you should contact if you require the services of a plumbing professional. Since we are available to serve you around the clock, we will be there whenever you require our assistance. Being highly skilled in locating leaks, we can clear any obstruction from a drain, toilet, or faucet. We are ecstatic to be of service to the San Diego area. We also promise that your requirements will always come first.